Vetiver Network International Forum

This forum is for public viewing but registered users only to discuss and exchange information relating to Vetiver Grass and the Vetiver System.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the new (November 2018) Vetiver Network International Forum. Share your views and ideas, and help grow the Vetiver System in both size and quality to the benefit of its users and the Planet at large

#1 2018-11-14 07:41:45

Evan
Administrator

Missing Sites after clicking on site *SOLVED*

clicksite.jpg

I see a new site put in by Dick on left site panel. I click on it to check it out. I hit X to remove the project details. I zoom out on map.

reducedsites.jpg

I can only see a partial of all the sites. To recover the other sites, I need to go to the search in the top right and Show All or just do a blank search.

clearsearch.jpg

Sites are recovered.

This behaviour may be confusing for users?

#2 2018-11-14 07:44:56

Evan
Administrator

Re: Missing Sites after clicking on site *SOLVED*

Come to think of it, the 6 visible are the old sites for Australia. The new sites Dick has added are only visible when clicked on the search panel (second image), resetting the search hides them and reveals the old sites (third image).

#3 2018-11-14 17:01:17

admin
Admin

I have reported this problem to the developer:

"Yesterday I uploaded four new sites: (1) Doria Bridge, India (2) Gatton Bypass Bridge, Australia (3) Coolumbdoda Creek Bridge (Australia) , and (4) Coomera Railway Bridge. The uploads were accepted and show under “My Projects"

However I see that none are shown on the Global map??  At the time of up loading I noticed that the  following  fields showed no automatic entry and would not allow manual entry:  Country, Province. and District /City

obviously something is wrong and needs correcting!"

#4 2018-11-16 00:08:46

Dick_Grimshaw

I found the problem - when dropping the pin marker on the location map the longitude was showing more than 180º in most instance 220º+/-. The maximum longitudinal readings can only be +180º or -180º.  I deleted the projects and replaced them - second time round the location data was correct.  I don't know whether the developers found a coding problem or not. But it works OK now.  ( I wonder if it could have been a problem in the browser - Chrome?)

#5 2018-11-16 23:52:04

Dick_Grimshaw

Feed back from the developers - the problem has been corrected.

#6 2018-11-17 00:11:33

Evan
Administrator

Copy that. Noticed 10 sites for Australia last night.

We are catching up to the rest of the world. Any time now...

#7 2018-11-17 00:36:25

Dick_Grimshaw

I am sure there are plenty more sites in Australia . Paul T must know many, but is not good with this technology!

#8 2018-11-17 03:00:35

Evan
Administrator

Dick_Grimshaw wrote:

I am sure there are plenty more sites in Australia . Paul T must know many, but is not good with this technology!

The photos that I showed you recently, Paul says he recognises them and was involved. I've contacted the 'owner' of the photos as a surveyor so I will see if I can get further details.

I'm sure there are a lot of sites locked up in Paul's head.

Board footer