Vetiver Network International Forum

This forum is for public viewing but registered users only to discuss and exchange information relating to Vetiver Grass and the Vetiver System.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the new (November 2018) Vetiver Network International Forum. Share your views and ideas, and help grow the Vetiver System in both size and quality to the benefit of its users and the Planet at large

#1 2018-11-03 00:16:46

Evan
Administrator

Guide to removing sites on iVGT

One of the project sites listed on iVGT has been removed as confirmed by aerial imagery and Dr Paul Truong himself.

storr.jpg

storrs-gone.jpg

What are the procedures to begin the process of site removal? Do the 'Investigators' handle that?

#2 2018-11-03 03:25:57

Evan
Administrator

Re: Guide to removing sites on iVGT

projects.png

I worked out where to go. Do you want the removal of the planting site added as a photo update?

Edit: See feedback forum. Cannot add updates to sites as a photo.

Last edited by Evan (2018-11-03 03:42:16)

#3 2018-11-03 06:31:28

Dick_Grimshaw

During the testing period of this tracking system I gave this site and images for inclusion.  I knew at the time that the vetiver had been removed and that the drainage had been redesigned. I included the site and the earlier satellite imagery as it is a good example of how vetiver can be used for erosion control in flood waterways. I would prefer to keep it, but add a note to say that in 2017 the site was redesigned and the vetiver removed.

As to site deletion this can only be done by administrators on the advice of surveyors or investigators.

#4 2018-11-03 23:04:12

Evan
Administrator

I tried to update a photo of the latest aerial photography (see bug issue). You are right that having a historical marker is important.

I decided to contact the local Council to see if they had a date on its removal so we can update the site listing accurately. I also asked the reasoning (latest aerial has mowing strips with the flow of water). One step forward, two steps back.

What is the procedure in contacting admins or investigators? Forum?

#5 2018-11-04 01:37:03

admin
Admin

The vetiver hedges were removed sometime between May and November 2014. They were established before 2002. I used Google Earth (Pro) that will show previous years satellite imagery.

I am the administrator for Asia.  Surveyors and Project Investigators (site owners) need only contact an administrator if you think a site should be deleted.  You should be able to 'edit' a site without reference to an administrator. I imagine that you should add the most recent information under Edit and "add Progress" button. But as mentioned in another post the photo upload does not work and text cannot be added without a photo!

Dick Grimshaw

#6 2018-11-04 02:02:35

Evan
Administrator

All good.

Hopefully they will reply to me because I am interested in the theory behind their removal.

That on-ground hedge photo that you linked on FB shows rampant Clover growth between the hedges which usually requires good moisture to grow well (beekeepers around here rely on Winter rainfall to keep the hives topped up). A good indication of the job the hedges were doing, and visible from aerial too.

A real shame.

Board footer